Myur S. Srikanth MD, FACS, FASMBS
Bariatric & Cosmetic Surgeon
Experience is important when choosing a bariatric surgeon. Myur Srikanth, MD, FACS, has been performing bariatric surgery exclusively since 2000 and has performed more than 3,500 weight loss surgeries, with over 2,500 of those surgeries done laparoscopically or robotically. Dr. Srikanth performs virtually every operation that is currently available to treat the disease of obesity.
Robotic &Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
Dr. Srikanth specializes in laparoscopic and robot-assisted weight loss surgery. Benefits include reduced trauma to the body, faster recovery, less chance of infection and less post-operative pain.
Dr. Srikanth is one of the few bariatric surgeons in the Pacific Northwest who performs the duodenal switch robotically. This surgery has one of the best track records for long-term, durable weight loss and maintenance and has a nearly 99 percent cure rate for obesity-related diabetes.
Dr. Srikanth was among the first surgeons in the Puget Sound area to implant the Lap-Band® on August 15, 2001 after FDA approval. His team has reported the best three-year percent excess weight loss (EWL) result (72%) with the Lap-Band® device in the U.S. (Obes Surg 13 : 275-280, April 2003). Dr. Srikanth was the first surgeon in the Pacific Northwest to perform the laparoscopic malabsorptive (medial) roux-en-y gastric bypass using the jejunal interposition technique—presented at the International Federation for Obesity Surgery (IFSO) meeting in Sydney, Australia, Sept. 2006.
Cosmetic Surgery after Weight Loss
With American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS) training, Dr. Srikanth also specializes in body contouring after weight loss, including tummy tuck, body lift, liposuction, arm lifts and breast lift and augmentation. He has performed more than 200 of these operations.
- American Board of Surgery (Feb. 1997) (Recertified Dec. 2014, valid through Dec. 2027)
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (Dec. 2015)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery fellowship trained
- Graduate Training – Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery – Clinical Mini Fellowship: Univ. of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Magee Women’s Hosp., Pittsburgh, PA (May 2002 - June 2002)
- Bariatric Surgery – Clinical Preceptorship: Univ. of Tennessee, Memphis-Bowld Hospital, Memphis, TN (Jan. - March 2001)
- Abdominal Organ Transplantation (Liver, Kidney and Pancreas) – Clinical Fellowship: Univ. of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA (July 1996 – June 1997)
- General Surgery Residency – Los Angeles County – Univ. of Southern California (LAC/USC) Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA (June 1991 - June 1996)
- Pediatric Surgery Research Fellowship – Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Univ. of Southern California School of Medicine, CA (Oct. 1989 - June 1991)
- General Surgery – Senior House Officer: Government General Hospital – Univ. of Madras (Chennai), India (Dec. 1988 – Aug. 1989)
- Pediatric Surgery – Senior House Officer: Institute of Child Health & Hospital for Children, Univ. of Madras (Chennai), India (July 1988 – Oct. 1988)
- M.B.B.S. – Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery: Madras (Chennai) Medical College, Univ. of Madras, India (Sept. 1982 - July 1988)
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Center of Excellence: 2011 full approval (three years)
- American Society for Bariatric Surgery (ASBS) – Affiliate (July 2000) Regular (June 2001)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) (March 2003)
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT) (May 2003)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS) – Associate Fellow (July 1996)
- Society of Graduate Surgeons of the LAC/USC Medical Center (July 1996)