Dr. Myur S. Srikanth, MD, FACS, FASMBS, specializes in robot-assisted and laparoscopic bariatric surgery. He has performed over 4,000 bariatric surgeries since 2001, including sleeve gastrectomy, duodenal switch (DS), duodenal switch with single anastomosis (SIPS, DS-SA, SADI), gastric bypass, Lap-Band® and revision surgery.
Dr. Srikanth is an American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS) fellowship-trained, board-certified cosmetic surgeon with a special interest in cosmetic, reconstructive surgery and body contouring after weight loss. He performs the following procedures: tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), liposuction and sculpting, upper and lower body lifts, arm, thigh and gluteal lifts, and cosmetic breast surgery (augmentation and mastopexy).
- On August 15, 2001, Dr. Srikanth was among the first surgeons in the Puget Sound area to implant the Lap-Band® procedure following FDA approval.
- Dr. Srikanth was one of the first surgeons in the Pacific Northwest to perform the duodenal switch both laparoscopically (2005) and via the da Vinci® Robot (2013).
- He also established patient care pathways to facilitate outpatient bariatric surgery. The majority (more than 90 percent) of his patients are routinely discharged within 24 hours of their surgery, and several have even been discharged within the first 8 hours post-op.
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- American College of Surgeons (ACS)Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract (SSAT)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS)
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery Clinical Mini Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Magee Women’s Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA
- Bariatric Surgery Clinical Preceptorship: University of Tennessee, Bowld Hospital, Memphis, TN
- Abdominal Organ Transplantation Clinical Fellowship in Liver, Kidneys and Pancreas Transplant: University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- General Surgery Residency Los Angeles County – University of Southern California (LAC/USC) Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Pediatric Surgery Research Fellowship Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- M.B.B.S. – Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery Madras (Chennai) Medical College, University of Madras, India
Schedule a Consultation