Kristen Howard, ARNP, CRNFA, CBN, provides comprehensive follow-up care for our bariatric patients. In addition, she is a certified surgical first assistant and assists Dr. Srikanth in surgery, including all weight loss surgeries and cosmetic operations, as well as cholecystectomies (gallbladder removal) and hernia repairs. In addition, she performs nonsurgical facial rejuvenation procedures in the office, using Botox® and Juvederm® dermal fillers.
Before joining the Center for Weight Loss Surgery team in January 2012, Kristen worked in the emergency department of a large health care system. Working as an RN and nurse practitioner in the ER and family practices, Kristen saw patients lose limbs and eyesight because of diabetes. She is passionate about bariatric surgery because she loves helping people get their lives back.
As a Certified Bariatric Nurse (CBN), Kristen is especially attuned to the needs of bariatric patients. She hosts our support groups and teaches the pre-surgery education class for our patients.
Kristen is an avid runner and participates in local 5Ks and half-marathons when she can. She also enjoys yoga, hiking and knitting.
- Family Practice — American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Master of Science in Nursing, Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- Certified RN First Assistant (CRNFA) Program at UCLA
- Certified Bariatric Nurse (CBN)
- Avelar Abdominoplasty course completion
- Advanced Breast Enhancement Surgery course completion
- Advanced course completion in use of Botox® and Juvederm® for facial rejuvenation
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Trauma Nurses Core Curriculum (TNCC)
Schedule a Consultation