Kristen Howard ARNP, CRNFA, CBN
Kristen Howard, ARNP, CRNFA, CBN, provides comprehensive follow-up care for our bariatric patients. In addition, she is a certified surgical first assistant and assists Dr. Srikanth in surgery, including all weight loss surgeries and cosmetic operations, as well as cholecystectomies (gall bladder removal) and hernia repairs. As a Certified Bariatric Nurse (CBN), Kristen is specially attuned to the needs of bariatric patients. She hosts a monthly support group and teaches a nutrition education class for our patients.
In addition, she performs non-surgical facial rejuvenation procedures in the office, including Botox© and Juvederm© dermal fillers.
Before joining the Center for Weight Loss Surgery team in January 2012, Kristen worked in the Emergency Department at a large healthcare system. Working as an RN and Nurse Practitioner in the ER and family practices, Kristen saw patients lose limbs and eyesight because of diabetes. She is passionate about bariatric surgery because she loves helping people get their lives back.
Kristen is an avid runner and participates in local 5k's and half marathons when she can. She also enjoys yoga, hiking and knitting.
- Family Practice – American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Master of Science in Nursing – Pacific Lutheran University, WA
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology – Washington State University, WA
- Certified RN First Assistant (CRNFA) Program at UCLA
- Certified Bariatric Nurse (CBN)
- Avelar Abdominoplasty course completion
- Advanced Breast Enhancement Surgery course completion
- Advanced course completion in use of Botox® and Juvéderm® for facial rejuvenation
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Trauma Nurses Core Curriculum (TNCC)
- "Childhood Overweight: Parental Perceptions and Readiness for Change", The Journal of School Nursing, 2007 Apr; 23(2): 73-9